Cimarron Hills Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Cimarron Hills, a friendly and welcoming neighborhood located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona. This Cimmaron Hills Neighborhood Guide will highlight this charming community, which is known for its beautiful homes, quiet streets, and convenient location. Whether you’re a young professional, growing family, or retired couple, Cimmaron Hills has something to offer everyone.
Cimarron Hills Neighborhood Location
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is located near the intersection of E Pinnacle Peak Rd and N Miller Rd, just east of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. The neighborhood is serviced by the zip code 85255 and is located approximately 23 miles northeast of downtown Phoenix. The Cimarron Hills Community Center is located within the neighborhood and offers a variety of amenities and programs for residents.
Cimarron Hills Housing Options
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona offers a variety of housing options for residents. The community is made up of single-family homes, townhomes, and condominiums, offering a diverse range of options for buyers and renters.
Single-family homes in the neighborhood range from spacious custom homes with expansive desert views to more modest homes on smaller lots. Many of the homes in the neighborhood are Mediterranean or Spanish-style architecture, with stucco exteriors, tile roofs, and arched doorways. Some of the homes also offer amenities such as private pools, outdoor living spaces, and updated interior features.
There are also several townhome and condominium communities in Cimarron Hills, offering a more low-maintenance lifestyle. These homes typically offer amenities such as community pools and fitness centers, as well as outdoor living spaces such as patios and balconies.
Overall, the Cimarron Hills neighborhood offers a wide range of housing options for buyers and renters, making it a great choice for those seeking a variety of housing styles and amenities.
Cimarron Hills Education and School Options
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is served by the Scottsdale Unified School District, which includes a variety of highly-rated public schools. Here are some of the schools that serve the Cimarron Hills neighborhood, along with their cross streets and nearby highways:
- Copper Ridge School: Located near the intersection of E Jomax Rd and N Hayden Rd, this K-8 school offers a comprehensive curriculum and excellent extracurricular programs.
- Chaparral High School: Located near the intersection of E Shea Blvd and N 124th St, this highly-rated high school offers a range of academic and extracurricular programs, including honors and AP courses.
- Desert Mountain High School: Located near the intersection of E Via Linda and N 124th St, this high school offers a comprehensive curriculum and strong athletic and arts programs.
- Pinnacle Peak Preparatory School: Located near the intersection of E Pinnacle Peak Rd and N Pima Rd, this K-8 school offers a rigorous academic curriculum and small class sizes.
- Basis Scottsdale Primary School: Located near the intersection of E Shea Blvd and N 128th St, this charter school offers a challenging academic program and a focus on STEM education.
Overall, the Cimarron Hills neighborhood is located near several excellent school options, providing families with a range of choices for their children’s education. The neighborhood is easily accessible via nearby highways such as Loop 101 and the Pima Freeway (State Route 101).
Scottsdale Unified School District
The Scottsdale Unified School District is a public school district located in Scottsdale, Arizona. The district serves students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade and has over 22,000 students enrolled in its 29 schools. The district is known for its strong academic programs, highly qualified teachers, and commitment to student achievement. The Scottsdale Unified School District is also known for its emphasis on innovation, technology, and STEM education. The district has received numerous accolades for its academic achievements and is recognized as one of the top school districts in Arizona.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Cimarron Hills Neighborhood Amenities
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona offers a range of amenities for its residents to enjoy. Here are some of the neighborhood amenities in Cimarron Hills:
- Parks and Open Spaces: The neighborhood is located adjacent to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, which offers over 30,000 acres of protected desert wilderness. Residents can enjoy hiking and biking trails, as well as beautiful natural scenery.
- Cimarron Hills Community Center: The neighborhood also features a community center, which offers a range of amenities including a swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball court, playground, and picnic area. The community center also hosts a variety of events and activities throughout the year, providing residents with opportunities to connect with their neighbors.
- Golf Courses: The neighborhood is located near several top-rated golf courses, including Troon North Golf Club, Grayhawk Golf Club, and TPC Scottsdale. These courses offer beautiful desert views and challenging courses for golf enthusiasts.
- Shopping and Dining: The neighborhood is located near a variety of shopping and dining options, including the Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons shopping centers. These centers offer a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it easy for residents to enjoy a day out without having to travel far from home.
Overall, the Cimarron Hills neighborhood offers a range of amenities for its residents to enjoy, including outdoor recreation opportunities, community facilities, and nearby shopping and dining options.
Recreational Activities Nearby Cimarron Hills
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is surrounded by beautiful desert landscape, which offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities for residents to enjoy. Here are some of the outdoor recreational activities near Cimarron Hills:
- Hiking and Biking: The neighborhood is located adjacent to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, which offers over 225 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The trails range in difficulty level, so there are options for both experienced and novice hikers and bikers.
- Golf: The neighborhood is located near several top-rated golf courses, including Troon North Golf Club, Grayhawk Golf Club, and TPC Scottsdale. These courses offer beautiful desert views and challenging courses for golf enthusiasts.
- Rock Climbing: The McDowell Mountains, which border the neighborhood, offer several excellent rock climbing areas, including Pinnacle Peak and Tom’s Thumb. These areas offer challenging climbs for experienced climbers, as well as easier climbs for beginners.
- Horseback Riding: The nearby stables at Pinnacle Peak Park offer guided horseback rides through the beautiful desert landscape. This is a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area while enjoying a relaxing ride.
- Water Activities: The nearby Bartlett Lake and Lake Pleasant offer opportunities for boating, fishing, and water sports. These lakes are located within an hour’s drive of the neighborhood, making them an easy day trip destination.
Overall, the Cimarron Hills neighborhood is located in a beautiful natural setting, with a variety of outdoor recreational activities available to residents. From hiking and biking to rock climbing and water sports, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the surrounding area.
Shopping and Dining Near Cimarron Hills
The Cimarron Hills neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is located near several shopping and dining options. Here are some of the shopping and dining options near Cimarron Hills:
- Scottsdale Quarter: Located just a few minutes south of the neighborhood, Scottsdale Quarter is an outdoor shopping center that offers a range of shops and restaurants, including high-end fashion retailers, home goods stores, and casual dining options.
- Kierland Commons: Kierland Commons is another nearby outdoor shopping center, located just a few minutes west of the neighborhood. This shopping center features a range of upscale fashion retailers, specialty stores, and fine dining restaurants.
- The Promenade: The Promenade is a shopping center located just a few minutes north of the neighborhood. It offers a range of shops, including retailers such as Nordstrom Rack and Best Buy, as well as a variety of dining options.
- Scottsdale 101: Scottsdale 101 is a shopping center located just a few minutes southeast of the neighborhood. It features a range of shops and restaurants, including retailers such as Target and Lowe’s, as well as fast-casual dining options.
- Local Restaurants: There are also a number of local restaurants located within a few minutes’ drive of the neighborhood. These include Italian restaurant Arrivederci Cucina Italiana, Mexican restaurant Barrio Queen, and steakhouse Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.
Overall, the Cimarron Hills neighborhood is located near a variety of shopping and dining options, from upscale shopping centers to local restaurants.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Cimarron Hills is a wonderful place to live, offering a combination of convenience, beauty, and community spirit. Whether you’re looking for a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life or a vibrant community that offers plenty of activities and events, Cimarron Hills has something for everyone.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer as a Realtor in Scottsdale AZ. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.