Cochise Manor Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Cochise Manor, a beautiful and serene neighborhood located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona. This Cochise Manor Neighborhood Guide will highlight this friendly and welcoming community, which is known for its gorgeous homes, quiet streets, and close-knit community. Whether you’re a young professional, growing family, or retired couple, Cochise Manor has something to offer everyone.
Cochise Manor Neighborhood Location
The Cochise Manor neighborhood is located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona. It is situated just south of the intersection of E Shea Blvd and N Scottsdale Rd. The neighborhood can be accessed via E Shea Blvd and is also conveniently located near the Loop 101 freeway, providing easy access to other areas of the Valley. Cochise Manor is located near the Cochise Office Park and the Cochise Geronimo Clubhouse, making it a desirable location for those who work in the area or enjoy golfing and outdoor activities.
Cochise Manor Housing Options
Cochise Manor is a neighborhood in Scottsdale that offers a mix of housing options, including single-family homes, townhomes, and apartments. The neighborhood has a range of home styles, including contemporary, ranch, and Spanish-inspired designs. Many of the single-family homes have large lots with mature landscaping and swimming pools.
The prices of homes in Cochise Manor vary based on the type of housing and the size and amenities of the property. As of 2023, the average home price in the neighborhood is around $800,000. Townhomes and apartments in the area typically have lower prices, making them more affordable options for residents.
Cochise Manor Education and School Options
Cochise Manor is located in the Scottsdale Unified School District. Some of the schools in the district that serve the area include:
- Kiva Elementary School
- Mohave Middle School
- Saguaro High School
Kiva Elementary School is a highly rated public school located about 2.5 miles east of Cochise Manor. The school has a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1 and serves students in grades K-5.
Mohave Middle School is a public school located about 3.5 miles northeast of Cochise Manor. It has a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1 and serves students in grades 6-8.
Saguaro High School is a public high school located about 2.5 miles southeast of Cochise Manor. It has a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1 and serves students in grades 9-12. The school offers various programs, including Advanced Placement courses, honors programs, and extracurricular activities.
Scottsdale Unified School District
The Scottsdale Unified School District is a public school district located in Scottsdale, Arizona. The district serves students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade and has over 22,000 students enrolled in its 29 schools. The district is known for its strong academic programs, highly qualified teachers, and commitment to student achievement. The Scottsdale Unified School District is also known for its emphasis on innovation, technology, and STEM education. The district has received numerous accolades for its academic achievements and is recognized as one of the top school districts in Arizona.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Cochise Manor Neighborhood Amenities
Cochise Manor is a small neighborhood located in Scottsdale, Arizona. It is a quiet and peaceful community that offers a range of amenities to its residents. Some of the notable neighborhood amenities of Cochise Manor are:
- Parks and Recreation: Cochise Manor is located close to several parks, including Cochise Park and Cholla Park. These parks offer various recreational facilities such as playgrounds, picnic areas, and sports fields.
- Golf Courses: For golf enthusiasts, the neighborhood is home to some of the best golf courses in the area, including the Arizona Country Club and the Phoenician Golf Club.
- Shopping and Dining: There are numerous shopping and dining options near Cochise Manor. Residents can shop at the nearby Scottsdale Fashion Square, Kierland Commons, and Scottsdale Quarter, which offer a range of high-end stores and restaurants.
- Healthcare Facilities: The neighborhood is located near several healthcare facilities, including HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and Mayo Clinic Hospital.
- Access to Hiking Trails: Cochise Manor is situated near the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, which offers a variety of hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Cultural Attractions: Residents of Cochise Manor can enjoy nearby cultural attractions such as the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and the Musical Instrument Museum.
Overall, Cochise Manor offers a variety of amenities that cater to the diverse interests of its residents.
Recreational Activities Nearby Cochise Manor
Cochise Manor is located in a prime area of Scottsdale, with plenty of recreational activities nearby. Some of the popular recreational activities near Cochise Manor include:
- Hiking and Biking: McDowell Sonoran Preserve is a nearby natural area that offers miles of hiking and biking trails. Tom’s Thumb Trailhead and Gateway Trailhead are two popular access points to the preserve.
- Golf: Scottsdale is known for its golf courses, and there are several top-rated courses located near Cochise Manor, including Troon North Golf Club, Grayhawk Golf Club, and TPC Scottsdale.
- Horseback Riding: If you enjoy horseback riding, there are several equestrian centers located in the area that offer guided trail rides through the desert.
- Water Activities: Although Scottsdale is located in the middle of the desert, there are still plenty of water activities to enjoy nearby. Lake Pleasant Regional Park is located just a short drive north of Scottsdale and offers boating, fishing, and other water activities.
- Parks and Recreation: The city of Scottsdale has several parks and recreation facilities located near Cochise Manor, including Horizon Park, Pinnacle Peak Park, and Cactus Park.
- Cultural Activities: Scottsdale is home to several museums and cultural centers, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, and the Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West.
Shopping and Dining Near Cochise Manor
Here are some dining and shopping options near the Cochise Manor neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona:
- Citizen Public House – A modern American gastropub with craft cocktails and a creative menu.
- Olive & Ivy – A Mediterranean-inspired restaurant with a lively atmosphere and a menu featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- The Mission – A chic Latin-American restaurant with a trendy atmosphere and a menu of inventive cocktails and dishes.
- Roaring Fork – A rustic Southwestern-inspired restaurant with wood-fired cooking and a comfortable ambiance.
- True Food Kitchen – A health-focused restaurant with a menu featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients and plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square – A high-end shopping mall featuring luxury brands like Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton.
- Kierland Commons – An upscale outdoor shopping center with a mix of fashion, home decor, and specialty stores.
- The Shops at Gainey Village – A stylish outdoor shopping center with a mix of national and local retailers.
- Scottsdale Quarter – An open-air shopping center featuring a mix of high-end and popular retailers, as well as dining and entertainment options.
- Old Town Scottsdale – A historic district with a mix of art galleries, boutiques, and specialty shops, as well as bars and restaurants.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Cochise Manor is a wonderful place to live, offering a combination of convenience, beauty, and community spirit. Whether you’re looking for a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life or a vibrant community that offers plenty of activities and events, Cochise Manor has something for everyone.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer with Chelle Real Estate. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.