Desert Mountain Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Desert Mountain, a luxurious and exclusive community located in North Scottsdale, Arizona. Here’s a Desert Mountain neighborhood guide to help you get to know the area better.
Desert Mountain Neighborhood Location
The Desert Mountain neighborhood is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, in the northern part of the city.
The boundaries of the neighborhood are as follows:
- To the north: Cave Creek Road
- To the south: Lone Mountain Road
- To the east: 136th Street
- To the west: Pima Road
The neighborhood is located near two major highways:
- State Route 101 (also known as the Pima Freeway), which runs east to west and provides easy access to other parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area
- State Route 51 (also known as the Piestewa Freeway), which is located to the west of the neighborhood and provides a direct route to downtown Phoenix.
In addition, Desert Mountain is located in close proximity to other popular Scottsdale neighborhoods, including DC Ranch, Troon, and Grayhawk. This provides residents with easy access to a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Overall, the Desert Mountain neighborhood is situated in a prime location in Scottsdale, with convenient access to major highways and other key areas of the city.
Desert Mountain Housing Options
Desert Mountain is a luxury residential neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona, and it offers a wide range of high-end housing options for prospective residents. The neighborhood primarily features single-family homes with a mix of different architectural styles, including Southwestern, Contemporary, and Mediterranean designs.
Some of the common features of homes in the Desert Mountain neighborhood include:
- Large lots: Many homes in the area sit on spacious lots, which provide plenty of outdoor living space and privacy.
- Mountain views: The neighborhood is located in close proximity to the McDowell Mountains, and many homes offer stunning views of these natural landmarks.
- Private amenities: The Desert Mountain community offers a range of private amenities for residents, including multiple golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, a tennis center, a fitness center, several clubhouses, and a network of hiking trails.
In addition to single-family homes, Desert Mountain also has a limited number of townhomes and villas available for those who prefer a lower-maintenance lifestyle.
Overall, the neighborhood offers a range of luxurious housing options to suit different preferences and lifestyles, making it a highly sought-after location for homebuyers in Scottsdale.
Desert Mountain Education and School Options
The Desert Mountain neighborhood is located within the Cave Creek Unified School District, which is a highly rated district serving the communities of Cave Creek and parts of Scottsdale.
There are several excellent schools within a short distance of the Desert Mountain neighborhood, including:
- Desert Sun Academy: This K-6 school is located just a few miles south of the neighborhood, near the intersection of Pinnacle Peak Road and Alma School Parkway. It offers a strong academic program, with a focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education.
- Black Mountain Elementary School: This K-6 school is located to the north of the neighborhood, off of Cave Creek Road. It is known for its excellent teachers and rigorous academic program.
- Cactus Shadows High School: This high school is located to the north of the neighborhood, off of Cave Creek Road. It offers a range of advanced placement (AP) courses, as well as extracurricular activities in athletics, music, and the arts.
In addition to these schools, there are several private and charter schools in the area that offer a range of educational options for families.
Overall, the Desert Mountain neighborhood is located within a highly rated school district, with several excellent schools in close proximity to the community.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Desert Mountain Neighborhood Amenities
The Desert Mountain neighborhood is known for its luxury amenities, which cater to a high-end lifestyle. Some of the top neighborhood amenities include:
- Golf Courses: The neighborhood features six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, which are considered some of the best in the world. The courses offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and challenging play for golfers of all skill levels.
- Clubhouses: Desert Mountain has several clubhouses, each with its own unique atmosphere and amenities. The Sonoran Clubhouse features a fitness center, spa, tennis center, and pool, while the Chiricahua Clubhouse offers fine dining and social events.
- Tennis Facilities: The neighborhood boasts several tennis facilities, including the Jim Flick Tennis Center, which features nine tennis courts and a pro shop. Residents can take advantage of private lessons, clinics, and league play.
- Fitness Center: The Sonoran Clubhouse features a state-of-the-art fitness center, which includes cardio and weight-training equipment, as well as group fitness classes and personal training services.
- Hiking Trails: The neighborhood offers miles of scenic hiking trails, which wind through the surrounding mountains and offer breathtaking views of the Sonoran Desert. Residents can take advantage of guided hikes or explore the trails on their own.
- Spa Services: The Sonoran Clubhouse features a full-service spa, which offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body treatments.
Overall, the Desert Mountain neighborhood offers a range of luxury amenities that cater to a high-end lifestyle, making it a highly desirable location for those seeking the best in upscale living.
Recreational Activities Nearby Desert Mountain
The Desert Mountain neighborhood is located in a beautiful natural setting, surrounded by the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell Mountains, providing residents with easy access to a wide range of outdoor recreational activities. Some of the nearby outdoor activities that residents can enjoy include:
- Hiking: The neighborhood is located near several popular hiking trails, including Pinnacle Peak Park, McDowell Sonoran Preserve, and Tom’s Thumb Trailhead. These trails offer a variety of difficulty levels and stunning views of the surrounding mountains and desert landscape.
- Golfing: In addition to the six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses located within the community, there are several other top-rated golf courses in the area, including Troon North Golf Club and Grayhawk Golf Club.
- Biking: Scottsdale is known for its extensive network of bike trails, which provide a great way to explore the desert landscape. The nearby McDowell Sonoran Preserve has over 200 miles of biking trails, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Horseback Riding: Many residents enjoy horseback riding in the Sonoran Desert, and there are several nearby stables that offer guided rides for all skill levels.
- Hot Air Ballooning: Hot air ballooning is a popular activity in the Scottsdale area, and there are several companies that offer sunrise and sunset rides over the desert landscape.
- Rock Climbing: The nearby McDowell Mountains offer challenging rock climbing routes for experienced climbers, as well as guided climbing tours for those new to the sport.
Overall, the Desert Mountain neighborhood is located in close proximity to a wide range of outdoor recreational activities, providing residents with plenty of opportunities to explore the beautiful Sonoran Desert.
Shopping and Dining Near Desert Mountain
The Desert Mountain neighborhood is located in a prime location in Scottsdale, Arizona, with a variety of shopping and dining options nearby. Some of the top shopping and dining destinations in the area include:
- Scottsdale Quarter: This upscale outdoor shopping center is located just a few miles from the neighborhood and features a mix of high-end retailers, including Anthropologie, Restoration Hardware, and Apple, as well as a range of dining options, from casual cafes to fine dining restaurants.
- Kierland Commons: This outdoor shopping center is located just a few miles from the neighborhood and features a mix of luxury retailers, such as Michael Kors, Tory Burch, and Crate & Barrel, as well as a range of dining options, including Mastro’s Ocean Club, The Greene House, and Zinc Bistro.
- Carefree Town Center: This charming shopping and dining area is located just a few miles north of the neighborhood and features a variety of boutique shops, galleries, and restaurants, including the popular Liberty Station Grill & Bar.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square: This upscale shopping center is located a few miles south of the neighborhood and features a wide range of luxury retailers, such as Neiman Marcus, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, as well as a variety of dining options.
- Cave Creek Road: This nearby road is home to a variety of dining options, including a mix of local and chain restaurants, ranging from casual eateries to fine dining establishments.
Overall, residents of the Desert Mountain neighborhood have easy access to a wide range of shopping and dining options, from luxury retailers and fine dining restaurants to charming boutiques and local cafes.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Desert Mountain is a luxurious and exclusive community that offers a combination of natural beauty, world-class amenities, and convenient access to some of the best shopping, dining, and entertainment options in Scottsdale. If you’re looking for a beautiful and secure community that offers a high-end lifestyle, Desert Mountain is the perfect place to call home.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer as a Realtor in Scottsdale AZ. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.