Desert Vista Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Desert Vista, a beautiful community located in North Scottsdale, Arizona. Here’s a Desert Vista neighborhood guide to help you get to know the area better.
Desert Vista Neighborhood Location
The Desert Vista neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is located near the intersection of Shea Boulevard and 136th Street. This area is located east of the McDowell Mountain Regional Park and north of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
The closest major highways to the Desert Vista neighborhood are Loop 101 (also known as the Pima Freeway) and Loop 202 (also known as the Red Mountain Freeway). Loop 101 runs north-south just west of the neighborhood, while Loop 202 runs east-west several miles to the south.
Desert Vista Housing Options
As an AI language model, I don’t have access to real-time data or statistics, and the information I provide may become outdated over time. However, based on the information available to me as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, I can give you a general overview of the housing options in Desert Vista.
Desert Vista is a residential neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona, that offers a variety of housing options. The neighborhood consists of about 1,400 homes, which are primarily single-family homes. The size of the homes in Desert Vista varies widely, ranging from around 1,200 square feet to over 6,000 square feet. The majority of the homes in the area have three to four bedrooms and two to three bathrooms.
In addition to single-family homes, there are also some townhome communities and condominium complexes in the area. These options may be smaller in size and offer lower maintenance requirements than single-family homes.
Luxury homes can also be found in Desert Vista, offering high-end finishes, large lots, and scenic views of the surrounding mountains. These luxury homes can vary greatly in size and may include amenities such as swimming pools, outdoor living areas, and large garages.
Overall, Desert Vista offers a range of housing options to suit different budgets and lifestyles, from smaller townhomes and condos to larger luxury homes. The neighborhood is known for its scenic views, peaceful atmosphere, and convenient location near shopping, dining, and outdoor recreation.
Desert Vista Education and School Options
Desert Vista is located in the Scottsdale Unified School District, which is known for its excellent educational programs and highly rated schools. There are several schools in the area that serve the students of Desert Vista, including:
- Desert Mountain High School: This is the closest high school to the Desert Vista neighborhood, serving students in grades 9-12. It is known for its strong academic programs, including Advanced Placement courses and the International Baccalaureate program.
- Mountainside Middle School: This is the closest middle school to Desert Vista, serving students in grades 6-8. It is known for its rigorous curriculum and strong focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education.
- Anasazi Elementary School: This is the closest elementary school to Desert Vista, serving students in grades K-5. It is known for its dedicated teachers, rigorous academic programs, and emphasis on character education.
- Laguna Elementary School: Another nearby elementary school serving students in grades K-5. Laguna Elementary offers a range of academic and extracurricular programs to help students develop their skills and interests.
There are also several private schools in the area, including Notre Dame Preparatory High School, a Catholic college preparatory school, and Scottsdale Christian Academy, a private Christian school.
Overall, the Scottsdale Unified School District offers a range of excellent educational options for students in the Desert Vista area, from highly-rated public schools to private schools with specialized programs.
Scottsdale Unified School District
The Scottsdale Unified School District is a public school district located in Scottsdale, Arizona. The district serves students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade and has over 22,000 students enrolled in its 29 schools. The district is known for its strong academic programs, highly qualified teachers, and commitment to student achievement. The Scottsdale Unified School District is also known for its emphasis on innovation, technology, and STEM education. The district has received numerous accolades for its academic achievements and is recognized as one of the top school districts in Arizona.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Desert Vista Neighborhood Amenities
Desert Vista is a residential neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona, that offers a range of amenities for its residents. Here are some of the neighborhood amenities that you may find in Desert Vista:
- Parks and Recreation: The neighborhood is located near several parks and outdoor recreation areas, including the McDowell Mountain Regional Park, which offers hiking and mountain biking trails, camping, and horseback riding.
- Golf Courses: The area is home to several golf courses, including the Ancala Country Club, which offers an 18-hole championship golf course, tennis courts, a fitness center, and swimming pools.
- Shopping and Dining: Desert Vista is located near several shopping centers and restaurants, including the Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons, which offer a range of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Community Centers: The area is home to several community centers, such as the Arabian Library and the Scottsdale Ranch Community Center, which offer programs and events for residents of all ages.
- Scenic Views: The neighborhood is known for its scenic views of the surrounding mountains, including the McDowell Mountains and the Camelback Mountains.
- Safety and Security: Desert Vista is a relatively safe neighborhood with low crime rates. It also has a neighborhood watch program and active homeowners association that helps ensure the safety and security of the community.
Overall, Desert Vista offers a range of amenities for its residents, from outdoor recreation opportunities to shopping, dining, and cultural activities. The neighborhood is known for its peaceful atmosphere, beautiful scenery, and convenient location near many of Scottsdale’s top attractions.
Recreational Activities Nearby Desert Vista
There are many recreational activities near the Desert Vista neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are some of the popular options:
- Hiking and Biking: The McDowell Mountain Regional Park offers a wide variety of trails for hiking and mountain biking, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced options. Other nearby hiking areas include Pinnacle Peak Park and the Lost Dog Wash Trailhead.
- Golfing: Scottsdale is known for its many world-class golf courses, and there are several located near Desert Vista, including the Ancala Country Club, the Troon North Golf Club, and the Grayhawk Golf Club.
- Water Sports: The nearby Salt River and Saguaro Lake offer opportunities for water sports, such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and tubing.
- Horseback Riding: Several nearby ranches offer horseback riding lessons and trail rides through the desert, including the Cave Creek Trail Rides and the MacDonald’s Ranch.
- Cultural Attractions: Scottsdale is home to several cultural attractions, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, the Musical Instrument Museum, and the Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin West.
- Shopping and Dining: The Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons are nearby shopping centers that offer a wide range of stores and restaurants. The Old Town Scottsdale area is also a popular destination for shopping, dining, and nightlife.
Overall, there are many recreational activities near Desert Vista, from outdoor adventures to cultural attractions and shopping. The area is known for its beautiful desert scenery and sunny weather, making it a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
Shopping and Dining Near Desert Vista
There are several dining and shopping options near the Desert Vista neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are some of the options, including some highly rated restaurants:
- Scottsdale Quarter: The Scottsdale Quarter is a high-end outdoor shopping center located just a few miles from Desert Vista. It features a variety of stores, including fashion retailers, home decor shops, and specialty stores.
- Kierland Commons: Another outdoor shopping center located near Desert Vista, Kierland Commons offers a range of stores, from high-end fashion boutiques to specialty shops and dining options.
- Old Town Scottsdale: This historic district in downtown Scottsdale offers a range of shopping and dining options, from art galleries and boutiques to restaurants and cafes.
- Mastro’s Steakhouse: This upscale steakhouse is located in the Kierland Commons shopping center and offers a fine dining experience with a menu featuring prime steaks, seafood, and classic sides.
- True Food Kitchen: Located in the Scottsdale Quarter, True Food Kitchen is a health-focused restaurant that offers seasonal, plant-based dishes, along with cocktails, wine, and beer.
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood: This seafood restaurant, located in the Scottsdale Quarter, offers a fine dining experience with an extensive menu of seafood dishes, prime steaks, and live jazz music.
- Olive & Ivy: This Mediterranean-inspired restaurant, located in the Scottsdale Waterfront shopping district, offers a menu of fresh and flavorful dishes, along with a selection of cocktails, wine, and beer.
- Zinc Bistro: This French-inspired bistro, located in the Kierland Commons shopping center, offers a menu of classic dishes, along with an extensive wine list and a cozy, intimate atmosphere.
Overall, there are many dining and shopping options near Desert Vista, from high-end fashion boutiques to upscale restaurants and casual cafes. The area is known for its vibrant culinary scene, with a range of options to suit all tastes and budgets.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Desert Vista is a beautiful and peaceful community that offers a serene desert lifestyle for its residents. If you’re looking for a family-friendly community that provides easy access to the best shopping, dining, and entertainment options in Scottsdale, Desert Vista is the perfect place to call home.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer as a Realtor in Scottsdale AZ. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.