Pinnacle Peak Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Pinnacle Peak, one of the most prestigious and sought-after neighborhoods in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here’s a neighborhood guide to help you get to know the area better.
Pinnacle Peak Neighborhood Location
The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is located in the northern part of the city, near the McDowell Mountains.
Here are the cross streets that mark the general area of the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood:
North-South: E. Pima Road to N. Alma School Parkway East-West: E. Happy Valley Road to N. Jomax Road
The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood is located near several highways and major roads, including:
- Pima Freeway (Loop 101): A major highway that runs along the eastern edge of the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood, connecting it to other parts of the Valley, including downtown Phoenix and the East Valley.
- Scottsdale Road: A major north-south road that runs through the heart of Scottsdale, providing easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations.
- Cave Creek Road: A major east-west road that runs along the northern edge of the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood, providing access to other communities in the area.
- Carefree Highway: A major east-west road located just north of the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood, connecting it to the communities of Cave Creek and Carefree to the west.
The exact location and boundaries of the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood may vary depending on the source, but generally, it is located in the area surrounding Pinnacle Peak Road and Pima Road, between Happy Valley Road and Jomax Road.
Pinnacle Peak Housing Options
The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona offers a variety of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and luxury estates.
Homes in Pinnacle Peak were mostly built in the 1990s and early 2000s, and many have been updated or renovated in recent years. Some homes in the area feature views of the McDowell Mountains, while others are located on larger lots.
The prices of homes in Pinnacle Peak vary depending on size, condition, and location. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the median home value in the area was around $1.5 million, with prices ranging from around $500,000 to over $10 million for luxury estates.
In addition to traditional single-family homes, there are also a few townhouse and condo communities in the area, offering additional options for those who prefer a lower-maintenance lifestyle.
Pinnacle Peak Education and School Options
The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona is served by several public and private schools, including:
- Pinnacle Peak Elementary School: A public school in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, serving students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Explorer Middle School: A public school in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, serving students in sixth through eighth grade.
- Pinnacle High School: A public school in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, serving students in ninth through twelfth grade.
- Basis Scottsdale: A charter school serving students in fifth through twelfth grade.
- El Dorado Private School: A private school serving students in preschool through eighth grade.
- Notre Dame Preparatory High School: A private Catholic high school serving students in ninth through twelfth grade.
- Scottsdale Christian Academy: A private Christian school serving students in preschool through twelfth grade.
The Paradise Valley Unified School District is responsible for providing public education to the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood. The district operates several highly-rated schools in the area, including Pinnacle Peak Elementary, Explorer Middle School, and Pinnacle High School. Parents or guardians can visit the district’s website for more information on enrollment, school boundary maps, and academic programs.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Recreational Activities Nearby Pinnacle Peak
There are plenty of fun and unique recreational activities for both indoor and outdoor enthusiasts near the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are a few ideas:
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve: This 30,000-acre preserve offers miles of hiking and biking trails, horseback riding, and wildlife viewing, and is located just a few minutes away from Pinnacle Peak.
- Pinnacle Peak Park: A popular hiking destination with a challenging trail that leads to the summit of Pinnacle Peak, offering beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and desert.
- Desert Botanical Garden: Located in nearby Phoenix, this outdoor garden features over 50,000 desert plants from around the world, as well as seasonal exhibits and events.
- TPC Scottsdale Golf Course: A renowned golf course featuring two 18-hole courses, including the Stadium Course, home to the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- Musical Instrument Museum: A unique museum in Phoenix that houses over 6,500 instruments from around the world, including instruments played by famous musicians.
- OdySea Aquarium: Located in nearby Scottsdale, this indoor aquarium is home to thousands of marine animals and offers interactive exhibits and experiences.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art: A modern art museum featuring rotating exhibitions and events, located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale.
- Arizona Science Center: Located in downtown Phoenix, this science museum features hands-on exhibits, a planetarium, and a 3D theater.
These are just a few of the many recreational activities available near Pinnacle Peak. Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures or indoor cultural experiences, there is something for everyone in this area.
Shopping and Dining Near Pinnacle Peak
There are several unique and local shopping and dining options near the Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are a few ideas for both shopping and dining:
- The Summit at Scottsdale: A shopping center located near Pinnacle Peak featuring a mix of local and national retailers, including an AJ’s Fine Foods grocery store and several boutique shops.
- Kierland Commons: A shopping center located in nearby Scottsdale featuring upscale retailers, restaurants, and a weekly farmers market.
- DC Ranch Market Street: A shopping and dining destination located in North Scottsdale, offering a mix of local and national retailers, as well as several unique dining options.
- Cafe Bink: A locally-owned restaurant serving modern American cuisine with a focus on locally sourced ingredients and seasonal flavors.
- Local Bistro: A neighborhood bistro offering a Mediterranean-inspired menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and an extensive wine list.
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood: A high-end seafood restaurant featuring live jazz music and an extensive wine list.
- The Herb Box: A locally-owned restaurant serving healthy and flavorful cuisine made with organic and locally sourced ingredients.
These are just a few of the many unique and local shopping and dining options near Pinnacle Peak. There are plenty of other options to explore, including various ethnic restaurants, local cafes, and specialty shops.
Pinnacle Peak Neighborhood Amenities
The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona offers a variety of neighborhood amenities for residents to enjoy. Here are a few of the amenities:
- Golf Courses: The area features several golf courses, including the Pinnacle Peak Country Club, Grayhawk Golf Club, and TPC Scottsdale, which hosts the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- Parks and Trails: The nearby McDowell Sonoran Preserve offers over 200 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. Pinnacle Peak Park is also located nearby and offers a challenging hiking trail with stunning views.
- Shopping and Dining: The neighborhood is located near several shopping and dining destinations, including the Summit at Scottsdale, Kierland Commons, and DC Ranch Market Street.
- Schools: The neighborhood is served by several highly-rated public and private schools, including Pinnacle Peak Elementary, Explorer Middle School, Pinnacle High School, Basis Scottsdale, and Notre Dame Preparatory High School.
- Healthcare: The HonorHealth Thompson Peak Medical Center is located nearby, offering a range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and specialty care.
- Community Centers: The Scottsdale YMCA is located nearby, offering a variety of programs and classes for all ages, including sports, fitness, and aquatics programs.
- Luxury Resorts: The Pinnacle Peak neighborhood is located near several luxury resorts, including the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, and the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, which offer a variety of amenities, including golf courses, spas, and dining options.
These are just a few of the many neighborhood amenities available to residents of Pinnacle Peak.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Pinnacle Peak is a beautiful and highly sought-after community that offers a luxurious lifestyle in the heart of Scottsdale. Whether you’re looking for a custom-built home, a luxury apartment, or a townhome, Pinnacle Peak has something to offer for everyone.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer with Chelle Real Estate. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.