Scottsdale Vista Neighborhood Guide
Welcome to Scottsdale Vista, a beautiful community located in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona. Here’s a Scottsdale Vista neighborhood guide to help you get to know the area better.
Scottsdale Vista Neighborhood Location
Scottsdale Vista is a neighborhood located in the northern part of Scottsdale, Arizona. To help you find the Scottsdale Vista neighborhood using nearby cross streets and highways, consider the following approximate boundaries:
- To the north, Scottsdale Vista is roughly bordered by E. Bell Rd.
- To the south, the neighborhood is bordered by E. Greenway Rd.
- To the east, Scottsdale Vista is bordered by N. 136th St.
- To the west, the community is bordered by N. 124th St.
Scottsdale Vista Housing Options
Scottsdale Vista is a neighborhood located in the northern part of Scottsdale, Arizona. The community offers a range of housing options to meet the needs of a diverse range of homebuyers. Here are some of the housing options available in Scottsdale Vista:
- Single-family homes: Scottsdale Vista offers a variety of single-family homes, ranging in size from around 1,500 square feet to over 3,500 square feet. These homes feature a range of architectural styles, including Southwestern, Contemporary, and Ranch-style.
- Townhomes: Scottsdale Vista features a selection of townhomes, ranging in size from around 1,000 square feet to over 2,500 square feet. These properties offer low-maintenance living with convenient access to community amenities.
- Condos: Scottsdale Vista also features several condo communities, ranging in size from around 700 square feet to over 1,200 square feet. These properties offer affordable living options with access to community amenities.
- Luxury estates: Scottsdale Vista also features luxury estates, offering homeowners the opportunity to live in a spacious, custom-built home with high-end finishes and luxurious amenities, such as private pools, outdoor living spaces, and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Overall, Scottsdale Vista offers a range of housing options, catering to a variety of tastes and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a low-maintenance condo, a spacious single-family home, or a luxurious estate, you’re sure to find something that suits your lifestyle in this beautiful neighborhood.
Scottsdale Vista Education and School Options
Scottsdale Vista is located in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, which is known for its commitment to academic excellence and quality education. Here are some of the public schools located near Scottsdale Vista:
- North Ranch Elementary School: North Ranch Elementary School is a highly-rated public school located just north of Scottsdale Vista. It serves students in kindergarten through sixth grade and offers a comprehensive curriculum focused on academic excellence.
- Sunrise Middle School: Sunrise Middle School is located just west of Scottsdale Vista and serves students in grades seven and eight. The school is known for its strong academic programs and excellent extracurricular activities.
- Horizon High School: Horizon High School is a top-rated public high school located just south of Scottsdale Vista. It serves students in grades nine through 12 and offers a challenging curriculum designed to prepare students for college and beyond.
In addition to the public schools, there are also several private and charter school options available in the area, including:
- Scottsdale Christian Academy (Private, Christian, Grades K-12)
- Great Hearts Academies – Scottsdale Preparatory Academy (Charter, Grades 6-12)
- North Phoenix Preparatory Academy (Charter, Grades 7-12)
Please note that school zoning and attendance boundaries can change over time, so it’s essential to verify the assigned schools for a specific property with the Paradise Valley Unified School District or through a local real estate agent.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Recreational Activities Nearby Scottsdale Vista
Scottsdale Vista is located in a prime location in northern Scottsdale, Arizona, surrounded by beautiful desert landscapes and stunning mountain ranges. As a result, there are plenty of fun and exciting indoor and outdoor recreational activities available in the area. Here are some unique experiences that you can enjoy near Scottsdale Vista:
- Hot air balloon rides: Take a hot air balloon ride and experience breathtaking views of the Sonoran Desert from above. This unique experience is a great way to see the beauty of the desert landscape.
- Desert jeep tours: Explore the Sonoran Desert on a guided jeep tour. This off-road adventure is a thrilling way to experience the rugged desert landscape, with the opportunity to spot local wildlife along the way.
- Salt River tubing: Spend a relaxing day tubing down the Salt River, a popular summertime activity in the area. This is a fun way to cool off and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Rock climbing: Test your strength and agility by going rock climbing at nearby climbing centers like AZ on the Rocks or Focus Climbing Center.
- Golfing: Scottsdale Vista is located near several world-renowned golf courses, including the TPC Scottsdale and the Grayhawk Golf Club. These courses offer world-class golfing experiences for golf enthusiasts of all skill levels.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art: Located just south of Scottsdale Vista, the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is a great place to see a variety of contemporary art exhibitions and attend art-related events and programs.
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve: The McDowell Sonoran Preserve is located just a short drive from Scottsdale Vista and offers miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as guided nature walks and bird watching opportunities.
These are just a few examples of the many unique recreational activities available near Scottsdale Vista. Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or trying something new, there is something for everyone in this beautiful part of Arizona.
Shopping and Dining Near Scottsdale Vista
Scottsdale Vista is located in a prime location in northern Scottsdale, Arizona, with plenty of dining and shopping options nearby. Here are some local dining and shopping options near Scottsdale Vista, including some of the standout locally-owned restaurants in the area:
- George & Son’s Asian Cuisine: A locally-owned restaurant that offers a unique fusion of Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cuisine, featuring dishes such as Korean BBQ and pho.
- Proof Canteen: A locally-owned restaurant that offers American cuisine made with locally-sourced ingredients, such as burgers, salads, and sandwiches.
- The Thumb: A locally-owned café and bakery that offers a variety of baked goods, sandwiches, and coffee.
- The Herb Box: A locally-owned restaurant that offers a range of seasonal American cuisine, featuring dishes made with fresh and locally-sourced ingredients.
- Scottsdale Promenade: The Scottsdale Promenade is a shopping center located just south of Scottsdale Vista, offering a range of national and local stores, including the locally-owned boutique, Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Kierland Commons: Kierland Commons is a high-end shopping center located just north of Scottsdale Vista, featuring a mix of national brands and local businesses, such as the locally-owned jewelry store, Galicia Fine Jewelers.
- Scottsdale Quarter: Scottsdale Quarter is a shopping center located just north of Scottsdale Vista, offering a mix of national brands and local businesses, such as the locally-owned boutique, Zoolikins.
These are just a few examples of the many locally-owned restaurants and shopping options available near Scottsdale Vista. The area offers a diverse range of experiences, catering to various tastes and preferences.
Scottsdale Vista Neighborhood Amenities
Scottsdale Vista is a family-friendly neighborhood located in the northern part of Scottsdale, Arizona. The community offers a range of amenities designed to enhance the quality of life for residents. Here are some of the great and unique neighborhood amenities of Scottsdale Vista:
- Community parks: Scottsdale Vista features several community parks, including Sandpiper Park and Scottsdale Horizon Park, which offer playgrounds, picnic areas, sports fields, and walking trails.
- Scottsdale Aquatic Club: The Scottsdale Aquatic Club is a community-based swim team that offers training and competition opportunities for swimmers of all ages and skill levels.
- Scottsdale Ranch Tennis Center: The Scottsdale Ranch Tennis Center is a world-class tennis facility that offers 12 lighted tennis courts, a pro shop, and tennis lessons for all ages and skill levels.
- Proximity to McDowell Mountain Regional Park: Scottsdale Vista is located just a short drive from McDowell Mountain Regional Park, which offers miles of hiking and biking trails, camping sites, and stunning desert landscapes.
- Scottsdale Ranch Community Center: The Scottsdale Ranch Community Center offers a variety of fitness classes, such as yoga, Pilates, and Zumba, as well as art and dance classes, social events, and community programs.
- Shopping and dining: Scottsdale Vista is located near several shopping centers, restaurants, and cafes, providing residents with easy access to a range of shopping and dining options.
- Outstanding schools: Scottsdale Vista is located in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, which is known for its commitment to academic excellence and quality education. Families in Scottsdale Vista have access to top-rated schools, such as North Ranch Elementary School, Sunrise Middle School, and Horizon High School.
These are just a few examples of the many great and unique neighborhood amenities that make Scottsdale Vista an attractive place to live. The community offers a high quality of life, with a range of facilities and services designed to cater to the needs of its residents.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Scottsdale Vista is a beautiful and highly sought-after community that offers a luxurious lifestyle in the heart of Scottsdale. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home or a townhome, Scottsdale Vista has something to offer for everyone.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer as a Realtor in Scottsdale AZ. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.