Terravita Neighborhood Guide in Scottsdale
Welcome to Terravita, a beautiful and upscale gated community located in North Scottsdale, Arizona. Here is a Terravita neighborhood guide to help you get to know this area better.
Terravita Neighborhood Location
Terravita is a private, gated community located in North Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. The general location of the Terravita neighborhood is north of the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Carefree Highway.
The cross streets for Terravita are E. Terravita Way and N. 71st St. The neighborhood is situated near several major highways, including the Loop 101, which is about 7 miles to the east of the community, and the I-17, which is about 9 miles to the west.
Additionally, Terravita is located near several popular shopping centers and entertainment destinations, such as the Desert Ridge Marketplace, Kierland Commons, and the Scottsdale Quarter.
Terravita Housing Options
Terravita is a gated, master-planned community in Scottsdale, Arizona that offers a variety of housing options for residents. The community is known for its luxury homes, stunning views of the surrounding mountains, and world-class amenities. Here are some of the housing options in Terravita:
- Single-Family Homes: The majority of homes in Terravita are single-family homes that range in size from approximately 1,400 square feet to over 4,000 square feet. These homes come in a variety of architectural styles and floor plans, with many featuring amenities such as private swimming pools, outdoor kitchens, and custom finishes.
- Patio Homes: Terravita also offers a selection of patio homes, which are smaller homes that range in size from approximately 1,300 square feet to 2,500 square feet. These homes typically feature low-maintenance yards and are perfect for residents who want a smaller, more manageable living space.
- Villas: For residents who are looking for a maintenance-free lifestyle, Terravita offers a selection of villas. These homes range in size from approximately 1,800 square feet to 2,400 square feet and feature two to three bedrooms and two to three bathrooms.
- Custom Homes: Terravita also offers residents the opportunity to build custom homes on their own lots. This allows residents to design and build a home that meets their specific needs and preferences.
Overall, Terravita offers a wide range of housing options that cater to a variety of lifestyles and preferences.
Terravita Education and School Options
Terravita is located within the boundaries of the Cave Creek Unified School District, which is a highly rated public school district in Arizona. The district is known for its commitment to academic excellence, and it serves students from preschool through high school.
Here are the school options for residents of Terravita:
- Lone Mountain Elementary School: This is a public elementary school that serves students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The school is located just a few miles from Terravita and offers a variety of academic and extracurricular programs.
- Sonoran Trails Middle School: This is a public middle school that serves students in seventh and eighth grade. The school is located in nearby Cave Creek and offers a range of academic and extracurricular activities.
- Cactus Shadows High School: This is a public high school that serves students in grades 9-12. The school is located in nearby Cave Creek and offers a variety of academic programs, as well as sports teams and clubs.
In addition to the public school options, there are also several private schools in the area that serve students from preschool through high school. These include the Notre Dame Preparatory High School, the Scottsdale Christian Academy, and the Scottsdale Preparatory Academy.
Arizona Open Enrollment Explained
However, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system allows parents and guardians to apply for their children to attend public schools outside of their residential boundaries. This provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Arizona’s Open Enrollment system, how it works, and what families need to know to take advantage of this opportunity.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is a program that allows students to attend public schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district. This means that if a student’s home school isn’t the best fit for them, they can apply to attend a different school within the same district or even in a neighboring district.
How does Open Enrollment work? Open Enrollment typically occurs in the early part of the year, usually between January and March. During this time, parents and guardians can submit an application for their child to attend a different school. The application process is relatively straightforward, and applications can be submitted online or in-person at the school district’s office.
Once the application period ends, the school district will review all of the applications and determine which students will be accepted. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a lottery system is typically used to determine which students will be admitted.
What are the benefits of Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. This is especially beneficial for families who live in areas where schools are overcrowded or under performing. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs.
What do families need to know about Open Enrollment? Families should know that Open Enrollment is not a guarantee of admission. While the program provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school, admission is based on availability. Families should also be aware of the application deadline and ensure that their application is submitted on time. Additionally, families should research potential schools before submitting an application to ensure that the school is a good fit for their child.
In conclusion, Arizona’s Open Enrollment system provides families with more options when it comes to selecting a school that best meets their child’s needs. By allowing students to attend schools outside of their designated attendance area or school district, Open Enrollment gives families the opportunity to choose a school that aligns with their child’s academic, social, and emotional needs. Families should be aware of the application deadline, research potential schools, and understand that admission is based on availability.
Scottsdale Transportation Options
Scottsdale, Arizona, is a beautiful city that offers residents and visitors many transportation options to get around town. There are numerous ways to navigate Scottsdale’s roads and attractions, from public transportation to rideshare services, biking, and more. We will explore some of Scottsdale’s most popular transportation options.
- Public Transportation: Valley Metro is the public transportation system serving the Greater Phoenix Area, including Scottsdale. The system includes buses, light rail, and paratransit services. Scottsdale has several bus routes that connect the city to other parts of the Valley. The Scottsdale Trolley is a free shuttle service that runs seven days a week and offers transportation to popular destinations in Old Town Scottsdale, including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biking: Scottsdale is a bike-friendly city, and there are several options for those who prefer to bike around town. Several bike rental companies offer hourly or daily rentals, including Arizona Outback Adventures, Bicycle Haüs, and Bike Emporium. Several bike share programs are available, such as Lime and Bird, which allow riders to rent a bike through a smartphone app and pay by the minute.
- Walking: Scottsdale’s Old Town is a pedestrian-friendly area with several walkable streets and sidewalks. Walking is an excellent option for those who want to explore the city’s attractions and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather. Several walking tours are also available, including food and historical tours.
In conclusion, Scottsdale, Arizona, offers many transportation options to suit everyone’s needs. Whether you prefer public transportation, ride a bike, or rent a car, several options are available to explore the city’s attractions and navigate its roads.
Recreational Activities Nearby Terravita
There are many unique indoor and outdoor recreational activities near Terravita that residents can enjoy throughout the year. Here are some examples:
- Hiking and Biking: Terravita is located near several popular hiking and biking trails, including the Tom’s Thumb Trailhead and Pinnacle Peak Park. These trails offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and are great for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Golfing: Terravita is home to a private, 18-hole championship golf course that was designed by Billy Casper and Greg Nash. The course offers challenging play and scenic views of the surrounding desert landscape.
- Shopping and Dining: Terravita is located near several popular shopping and dining destinations, including the Desert Ridge Marketplace and the Kierland Commons. These destinations offer a variety of upscale shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Art and Culture: The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and the Musical Instrument Museum are both located near Terravita and offer unique art and cultural experiences.
- Spa and Wellness: The Boulders Resort and Spa and the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North are both located near Terravita and offer world-class spa and wellness services.
Overall, Terravita is located in an area that offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor recreational activities for residents to enjoy throughout the year.
Shopping and Dining Near Terravita
There are many unique and highly ranked shopping and dining options near Terravita that provide a one-of-a-kind experience. Here are some examples of highly ranked local restaurants that are known for their unique dining experiences:
- Cafe Monarch: This is an upscale, fine-dining restaurant that serves contemporary American cuisine. The restaurant is known for its intimate atmosphere, elegant decor, and prix fixe menu that changes seasonally.
- Sassi: This is an Italian restaurant that features a farm-to-table menu, with many of the ingredients sourced from local farms. The restaurant is housed in a beautiful Tuscan-style villa and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Talavera: This is a steakhouse that serves high-quality cuts of meat, as well as seafood and other American cuisine. The restaurant is located at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North and offers stunning views of Pinnacle Peak.
- The Mission: This is a Latin-inspired restaurant that features a variety of dishes from Mexico, Peru, and Spain. The restaurant is known for its vibrant atmosphere, handcrafted cocktails, and unique dishes.
Overall, these highly ranked local restaurants near Terravita provide unique dining experiences that showcase the best of Arizona’s food scene.
Terravita Neighborhood Amenities
Terravita is a gated, master-planned community in Scottsdale, Arizona, that offers a variety of amenities for residents to enjoy. Here are some examples of neighborhood amenities in Terravita:
- Golf Course: Terravita is home to a private, 18-hole championship golf course that was designed by Billy Casper and Greg Nash. The course offers challenging play and scenic views of the surrounding desert landscape.
- Clubhouse: The Terravita Clubhouse is the heart of the community and serves as a hub for social activities and events. It features a fitness center, swimming pool, tennis courts, and a restaurant.
- Walking and Biking Trails: Terravita is home to several walking and biking trails that wind through the community and offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Community Garden: Terravita has a community garden where residents can grow their own fruits and vegetables.
- Arts and Crafts Studio: The Terravita Arts and Crafts Studio offers a variety of classes and workshops, including painting, pottery, and jewelry making.
- Dog Park: Terravita has a dog park where residents can take their furry friends to play and socialize.
- Pickleball Courts: Terravita has several pickleball courts where residents can enjoy this popular sport.
Overall, Terravita offers a wide range of amenities catering to various interests and lifestyles.
Scottsdale Realtor Lydia Chelle Can Help You!
Overall, Terravita is a luxurious and highly sought-after community that offers a unique desert living experience in the heart of North Scottsdale. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home or a townhome, Terravita has something to offer for everyone.
If you’re ready to start your search for the perfect home in Scottsdale, Arizona, I invite you to explore my website and learn more about the services I offer with Chelle Real Estate. From personalized home tours to expert negotiation and representation, I am here to help you every step of the way. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and let’s get started on your journey to finding your dream home in Scottsdale.